Saturday, September 22, 2012

Skating is my therapy

I'm sitting here at almost 1:30 in the morning trying to configure voice mail and thinking about how much my job is irritating me. Update, since last June "he" moved back to the place from which he came. I call him periodically (or his mother rather since that's who usually answers the phone.) I now work at a different gym and am having an early mid-life crisis as I do every birthday since about 4 years ago. I am in a job that is just that a 'job'. It is only gratifying on Monday and Wednesdays when I have my team. I am moody all of the time because of this and feel like this job has defined me, and I refuse to let it. I have a new car since some woman on New Year's eve totaled my last car. I have been trying to get things together to go surfing, and I am about to buy new wheels for the longboard because let's face it, longboarding is my therapy. I hate yoga, it's for yuppies, and I can only run so much before I'm utterly and completely bored. I can skate until my legs turn to jello though. I sit here, almost dosing off to sleep wondering why the 'new' crush isn't working out so well and I think comparatively of the black widow or something along those lines. Am I not approachable enough? Ahh, pfft forget that, I'm a cool kid I'm just overthinking things as I do in my typical behavior. I want so much to relax a little (who am I kidding....i need to relax a lot.)and just go skate as much as I can and remember that for now this prison I mean 'job' is just a means to an end and that there is always something cooler out there just waiting. Until then...I'll just skate.

No comments:

Post a Comment