Saturday, September 7, 2013

On a day like today

This day as so many have been lately is heartbreakingly beautiful, with huge fluffy cumulus clouds and skies that are a bright beautiful hue of blue. I find myself wondering what I've done wrong, or what important step I've skipped in the last years that have prevented me from finding the person I am supposed to grow old with. The person who is supposed to paddle out to the breaks with me, and skate with me, and count the stars on a warm summery night. I've come across some wonderful and amazingly genuine people but none that fit the bill, well except perhaps one...but alas it won't happen. I'm upset about it, but what do I do? I walk the beaches, and I run the parks, and I run into characters all of the time and they all enrich and enlighten my life in some way even if only for a brief moment be it a smile, a wave, or a friendly hello. I love my interaction with people but time seems to stand still for me and as beautiful and magnificent as time is I would like the beauty of this to happen to me. Not rushed, or forced just simple love.

No comments:

Post a Comment